The West Group - Our Code of Conduct
For the attention of our suppliers and customers.
The West Group is committed to acting in the highest standards ethically and responsibly in all areas of its business practices.
We are confident our Business Conduct Principles encompass and adhere to the ten Principles of the UN Global Compact incorporating Human Rights, Labour, Anti-Corruption and the Environment. In addition, the requirement to comply with Conflict Minerals regulations and Employee Health and Safety are captured. (Ref to foot note i. for a comprehensive list of referenced regulations).
Business Conduct Principles
- Provide a workplace free from discrimination, harassment or abuse, and treat employees fairly in line with employee legal requirements, regardless of race, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender.
- Forbid all forms of forced, compulsory or child labour. Compliance to the UK legal minimum employment age limit and ILO fundamental conventions, including the employee rights to Freedom of Association.
- Anti-Slavery - Although The West Group is not legally bound by the commercial organisation requirements in Section 54 (Transparency in Supply Chains) of The Modern Slavery Act 2015, we are committed to a work environment that is free from Human Trafficking and Slavery.
- Be mindful of corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery and comply with applicable anti-bribery laws.
- Compliant with all applicable laws and guidance in relation to Conflict Minerals in our Manufacturing process.
- Ensure, as is reasonably practical, the health, safety and welfare of all employees working for the company and other persons who may be effected by our undertakings.
- Commit to preventing pollution and to complynig with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and other environmental requirements. We will regularly evaluate the environmental impact of our activities, products and services.
- Ensure compliance with applicable export control regulations and consideration to the UK Trade & Investment published guidance.
i) As a UK company, we acknowledge the following in support of our Business Conduct Principles:
- United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- The 10 Principles of the UN Global Compact.
- The UK Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- The UK Equality Act 2010.
- International Labour Organisation (ILO) Fundamental Conventions.
- The UK Bribery Act 2010.
- The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Trade Tools.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Responsible Supply Chains Guidance.
- Section 1502 - Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection act 2010 (Conflict Minerals).
- UK Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974.
- US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
ii) Whilst we expect our associated Business Partners and their supply chain also share our commitment to these standards and comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the country(ies) in which they operate, The West Group is unable to exercise full diligence in verifying their full compliance.